[EdLUG] I wish to join

Tai Kedzierski dch.tai at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 14:16:13 UTC 2023

Hello

As the last responder indicated (you may not have received that
notification?), there is a signup page for the mailing list :
list")

+++
Regards your question:

Some old notes on partial upgrades are found online, saying not to do it
unless you know what you're doing:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/443788/what-is-a-partial-upgrade-and-when-is-it-necessary

It also notes a situation that I would reckon unlikely but enitrely
possible:

"""
Most *Partial Upgrade* situations occur due to package archive
inconsistencies, which will typically be resolved within a few hours. If
your package manager is confused, and so are you, simply wait and hold off
the updates until things settle down.
"""

Have you tried looking at the current state to see if it has resolved?

Do you have the ability to run commands on your client's machine? In which
case you might be able to `sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install` ,
if that seems to operate normally, then proceed.

If it still mentions partial upgrades, then choose to *not* continue. It
might be you will need a re-install, though with the little information we
have here, it's impossible to tell. Usual caveats about ensuring backups
are taken etc apply.

Hope that is of help, any further questions do say.

Tai