[EdLUG] I wish to join

Colin Shorts colin.shorts at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 15:39:05 UTC 2023

Hi Georgi,

Following on from Tai, I hit the same thing yesterday/day before with the
latest mainline kernel (going from 6.5.0 to 6.5.1) as it could not find the
correct version of GLIBC (needs an update to 23.10 beta), and hence was
unable to build the dkms drivers.

I doubt this is the same scenario, but run the following and grab the
output;

$ cat /etc/*release
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt -f install

Do not say yes, hit ctrl-c.

The above will tell you what it wants to do, but there is a good chance
that things will break spectacularly if you were to say yes. In any case,
post the output back (after signing up) so that you get all the replies.

Again, do not let apt (or other package manager) remove packages.

If the system has recently been updated from an older version, some of the
sources may need to be adjusted as things have moved around.

-Colin