[EdLUG] Hackathon Tomorrow online, Winter Linux Quiz

emailontheweb emailontheweb at protonmail.ch
Fri Oct 16 20:51:08 UTC 2020

Hello fellow EdLUGers,

Hackathon (in English) if you're interested,register on Meetup to get the link.(should be added soon) Please note it is in Sweden and therefore the time difference ,so starts at 9am UK time to 3pm.
https://www.meetup.com/Uppsala-Linux-User-Group/events/273600696/

During the Winter I will have made an online Linux quiz for EdLUG.

To have a fun level playing field (myself a newbie & others professional & everything in between) I thought I'd base the quiz on lesser known facts that are amusing/surprising/funny & hard to guess (winning based mainly on "luck" ) True or false & multiple choice questions would also be included. And why not if you have a funny Linux anecdote & you give me the city where it took place ,I can chuck that in between 2 other likely cities...

We were thinking of holding a group donation "box" that isn't my private PayPal & that the winner of the quiz gets a donation to their favorite Distro in their name. Donations are voluntary and any amount one can afford.

Can anybody recommend a good website for this? (never done this before & no idea what it's called)

Any ideas & suggestions would be very welcome! Please note that due to LUG rules these questions can only be about Linux/Open Source/Internet Privacy (& within the code of conduct)

Sources where you got the information would be really good to have a link to if possible,in case someone wants more info...

Each person can contribute max 3 questions and if you're stuck, then please email me :
Emailontheweb at protonmail.ch (do not reply to all)
So far questions range from order the common passwords from least to most popular, multiple choice how many lines of code in program X,less well known distros,most common distro in year X and a bunch of other random ones.

If anyone wants to volunteer a proofread that would be very helpful, but then they cannot be the winner of the donation.

Thanks,
Marion