[EdLUG] Linux Compatible Printer & Screenshare App

Tim Day timday at bottlenose.net
Mon Nov 23 15:39:15 UTC 2020

We have a Brother laser printer (but not scanner) which has given many
years of good service from Debian machines, using the lpd files Brother
provide.

It also gave us some first-hand experience of the infamous "OpenOffice
doesn't print on Tuesdays" bug.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cupsys/+bug/255161/comments/2
8
Possibly the most bizarre IT issue I have ever run into!
(And maybe demonstrating what a teetering "Jenga tower" the Linux print
architecture is).

Tim