[EdLUG] Linux Compatible Printer & Screenshare App

Malcolm Durie BT malcolm.durie at btopenworld.com
Mon Nov 9 19:02:32 UTC 2020

Marion,

I used an HP Officejet Pro for many years and the drivers worked in Ubuntu and it also supports AirPrint for any mobile devices but the printer cartridges can be a bit pricey. When this printer failed in the summer I reviewed what was on offer and came across the refillable tank printers for home office use.  Most of the major printer manufacturers now produce home printers using this this technology, HP calls it Smart Tank and Epson Ecotank. The online reviews for the Epson were much better so I opted for  The ET 3750 and it is working from my Xeon desktop pc running  Ubuntu 20.04 , a raspberry pi running Ubuntu 20.04. The print quality is good but the scanner can be a bit slow. The plus side is the printer comes with two Full sets of refillable bottles and no fiddling around with cartridges.

Regards

Malcolm