[EdLUG] network connection through Wine

Alistair alistair at archerry.plus.com
Mon Nov 9 18:39:01 UTC 2020

I am trying to record my ADSL properties using the RouterStats package under
Wine.
It fails to connect to the modem/router, and I do not know how to check the
network connection to help diagnose the problem. (ping is not available in the
Wine command terminal.)
A thread on the kitz.co.uk forum (How to run Routerstats in Linux) from March
2008 suggests that it just works, but the best I can get from the package is
"please wait.Connecting to the...".
The desktop I am using is running kubuntu 18.04.

How do I diagnose and correct this issue?

Regards,

Alistair