[EdLUG] Meeting Roundup

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Fri Nov 16 12:20:55 UTC 2018

Hi Folks,

We had a discussion about that at the last ScotLUG meeting and we've
decided not to go ahead with setting up Discourse at the moment.

Thanks,
Kenny C.

---

Hi,

So to add a little more context to the discourse forum point.

Kenny from scotlug is setting up a discourse forum for scotlug and asked
if
we would like to use it as well.

Specific details of its layout and setup for us aside.

I think its worth a discussion as a possible opertunity to ease some of
these issues.

Thanks
Kris

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018, 4:04 pm Edinburgh Linux Users Group <
edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk wrote:

> Jan
>
> I've been wanting to find a way forward with this. Having one person
> saddled with the responsibility is a bit much, a core group could be
ideal.

> In the meantime, I am open to taking this on ; I think we
> cross-communicated a couple of times (problems on my end perhaps) I was
> waiting for you to confirm things. Anyhow. Let's reset to zero.
>

> I'd be up for meeting to go over this and taking over any online assets
> you want to share/handover,
>
> (open invite) --> and discuss with anybody how to further progress our
> online presence whilst simultaneously reducing the maintenance
requirements.

> Tai
>

> ===
> Tai Kedzierski
> Linux Operations and Deployments Engineer
>
> RHCSA # 170-060-834
> <https://www.redhat.com/rhtapps/services/verify?certId=170-060-834>
>

> I use LibreOffice <https://www.libreoffice.org/> , a free,
> Freedom-respecting replacement for MS Office
>
> *Open Source Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price.*
> https://www.fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software
>

> On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 at 15:37, Edinburgh Linux Users Group <
> edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> And this is what I’ve been facing from the group.  Nobody what’s to
take
>> responsibility.
>>

>> Jan

>> Windows 10

Paul
>> was doing the tech side on the server so he’ll probably need to be
there to
>> let you know what he’s done on that side.
>>

>> Regards
>>

>> Jan

>> Windows 10

Linux
>> as the basis for discussion, but not be limited to solely to this
topic.
>> Should this occur, a name change for the meetup would need to be
>> considered. Also, changing the format of the website to simplify its
>> operation was mentioned. Kris suggested using Discord which would allow
for
>> more people to participate online.
>>

>> Feedback is welcome from everyone, please feel free to reply to this
>> message with any thoughts or suggestions.
>>

>> Hopefully see you all in December :)
>>

>> Best Wishes
>>

>> Shehraz
>>
>> --

>> [image:
>> https://www.fastmailusercontent.com/proxy/
11c67f70ac3cd496795edcca4a5133d0ae0b7a3e82949d66fab0c9ca13253b4e/
8647470737a3f2f29607d63646e6e21667163747e236f6d6f296d616765637f29636f6e637f29636f6e6d256e66756c6f60756d2479636b6d227f657e646d2f62716e67656d216e696d616475646d2e6f6d2275607561647d26713e2769666/
icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]
utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-
email&utm_content=emailclient>

utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-
email&utm_content=emailclient>

>> --

utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-
email&utm_content=emailclient> Virus-free.
utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-
email&utm_content=emailclient>
>> <#m_-8812929625662920827_m_-3491291253593932451_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-
A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
--

        Kenny