[EdLUG] FREE : HP LaserJet A3 Printer

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Tue Nov 13 16:11:13 UTC 2018

Would anyone like an A3 laser printer as in  https://www.printerland.co.uk/pdf/hp/5100.pdf?  It's actually a LaserJet 5100tn, but it only has a single A3/A4 feeder tray so it looks like a LaserJet 5100.
It has a parallel port and a HP JetDirect network interface but no USB.  It works perfectly with HPLIP in Linux.

The print quality has issues with unwanted "shadow" text in the background, but this is entirely due to the crappy re-manufactured toner unit I bought for it.  The original genuine HP unit prints fine but gives a "Toner low" message.  You could try a 5000-page toner refill kit from urefilltoner.co.uk for £14.

It's BIG, it's HEAVY, it's BEIGE, but if you've got room for it it's a reliable workhorse.

I'm happy to deliver it anywhere in Edinburgh, otherwise Sighthill Community Recycling Centre beckons.

Steve

Leonardo MW Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132