[EdLUG] Org meeting

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Thu Nov 15 09:49:59 UTC 2018

My later mails seem to have never reached the list.... re-sending the
content:

When would you like to meet ? I am free on week-ends, though not this one
as it's too short notice.

>> The question then is what you want to do with the mail archive.

We'd probably want to know what's possible first.

Personally I've been floating the idea of moving off of the current system
in favour of a free hosted solution such as Google Groups (alternatives
welcome). Aka something that we do not need to maintain that offers buffer
features against the automated trolling we suffered a couple years ago.
That of course may present some technical challenges in and of itself, but
I feel self-hosting email-based services is not a viable option given the
commitment time we are/anyone is willing to put in.

If the archive can be exported to static HTML pages, that gives us an easy
solution for keeping the archive online whilst also moving to a new system.

===
Tai Kedzierski
Linux Operations and Deployments Engineer

RHCSA # 170-060-834
<https://www.redhat.com/rhtapps/services/verify?certId=170-060-834>

I use LibreOffice <https://www.libreoffice.org/> , a free,
Freedom-respecting replacement for MS Office

*Open Source Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price.*
https://www.fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software