[EdLUG] Text messages

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Mon Jun 13 09:18:05 UTC 2016

I had a situation Friday evening where my handset said messages were being
sent,GiffGaff(GG), but were not being delivered!
Eventually from the GG status page I found that a mast in the Inverkeithing
are where I live was  out of action.   The messages were eventually
delivered about 14 hours later!  I was receiving texts OK, and voice both
ways was working

Can anyone point me to a URL where I can read about how the mobile network
works, or is supposed to work?

Its the way my handset said Sent  but they weren't delivered that perturbs
me.  That just isn't a good system protocol.

Andrew