[EdLUG] Text messages

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Mon Jun 13 09:27:57 UTC 2016

The response to your handset just means that your SMS has been
delivered to the network, it does not mean that it has reached the recipient.

SMS message delivery is "best effort," so there are no guarantee
when, or even if, a message will actually be delivered to its
recipient. Queuing and delays in the network are common, particularly
between the various providers, and if you have a roaming SIM (which
lets you use any in-country network) then it gets even more interesting...

The Wikipedia article has some interesting links
 >https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Message_Service

Ian