[EdLUG] Linux + Lenovo Yoga 510 = love?

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Fri Dec 2 10:58:27 UTC 2016

Hello

ELUG> Are there any important advantages to using UEFI boot over BIOS?
ELUG> I've found BIOS boot much easier to configure on those laptops which
ELUG> kept it as a legacy option.

I think in theory, UEFI is pretty cool. It can do a lot more than BIOS
can. But in practice, it only really works with Windows.

I first came across it when I got my last laptop, an ASUS Vivo. It took me
ages to work out how to disable it and then get my Linux install to boot.

I'm sure someone knows more than me about it. Has anyone managed to get
UEFI to work with Linux?

Swithun.