[EdLUG] Future of Edlug.

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Wed Aug 26 23:37:11 UTC 2015

Hi everyone

As of now most of the elements of reorganising Edlug resources onto a sustainable footing for the future has been done.  There are a number of technical issues outstanding which I can't resolve. The result is that, as a group we need some volunteers to take on some aspects of the technical.  The most important is in relation to the mailing list - neither Paul nor I are experts in running mailman, and we have done our best in trying to get the "reply to" issue resolved without compromising actual email addresses.  It would be great if someone who had a better understanding could help out with this. It would also be great if we could have a couple of volunteers who could also help with the management of the website, ensuring that updates are applied to the site appropriately.   As always we need contributors to help build the website content.

As a non techy I want to get back to doing the non-technical tasks for the group that are my forte and hand over as much of the tech stuff as possible to those who are better qualified in that area.  It is also better for the group that more that one person has access to the web and list hosting so that we don't have a repeat of the access problems we've had in the past.

If you would like to help in any way please get in touch.

Regards

Jan

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone