[EdLUG] September Meetup

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Wed Aug 26 19:53:53 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Apologies for the late update - the speaker I had lined up for the month
has bailed, owing to a move to Barcelona. It's a tough life in the IT
industry for some.

September will thus be a social, but I would like to revisit the
mini-talks format that I mentioned about a few months ago.

At around 8pm I will stand and give a wee talk myself, into the mic if
it is present, 5-10min probably, no slides, but exclusivity on speaking
(heckling, of course, will still be welcome).

After which I would like to invite others to do the same, on a similar
topic of the evening.

This month's topic will be:

     "/Battle Tales: Migrating a non-techie to Linux; or The Pro-bono
Linux Support/ /Devotee/"

Please think about when and why you tried to migrate a non-technical
user to Linux, and what you learned from it, what you woudl do for your
next convert - if any!

This amount of fun will be enjoyed at least til 9pm, one hopes.

Please of course do feel free to email me or the list other mini-talks
suggestions, open to discussion on the list or details kept for the
evening itself.

All the best, and see you all soon!

Tai Kedzierski
EdLUG Blether Organizer