[EdLUG] Wanted: old laptop RAM

Nick oinksocket at letterboxes.org
Sun Sep 12 12:30:05 UTC 2021

Hey ELUG,

I've salvaged an old laptop (someone stuck it in the local bin, can you
believe it?). Cleaning off the dust, it seems to work fine, and now has
a Linux partition. My kids have commandeered it.

However, it is a bit slow. I think a bit more memory might help. I could
buy some for about £13, but in the spirit of re-use, I'd rather get some
second hand RAM.

Can anyone exchange some old RAM for a bottle of wine or equivalent?

It's an ASUS X4DIJ, quite old, and has only 2GB RAM. There's another
slot which can take 2GB. Specifically it needs this:

https://www.mrmemory.co.uk/memory-ram-upgrades/asus/laptop/x5dij

Thanks in advance!

Nick