[EdLUG] What piques your interest?

Dick Middleton dick at lingbrae.com
Fri Feb 5 13:09:17 UTC 2021

On 2/4/21 6:05 PM, Tai Kedzierski wrote:
> Hi Dick
>
> That would be grand ! I personally am piqued by the InfluxDB and Telegraf components, and

Hold on a minute, a week ago I'd never heard of these things!  My suggestion is install
and play.  Out of the box it monitors your cpu and memory etc. You'll need Grafana as well
to see pictures.  (There is a cli where you can enter sql like commands and get an idea of
how it's treating your data.)

It won't take you long to get to the "is that all there is" moment.  Then read this:

https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v1.8/concepts/key_concepts/

and you'll know everything I know :-)

BTW Grafana is very clever.  It works with any data base so if you've got e.g mysql or
sqlite data already you can amaze yourself in about 5 minutes.

Dick