[EdLUG] Help

Roy roy at crossford.net
Thu Oct 29 16:08:11 UTC 2020

Andrew,

Music CDs do not have a filesystem and cannot be mounted. They are read
using block lists and direct commands to the drive.

To 'rip' the CD to your HDD and convert its native .wav format tracks,
you need a CD ripping application. I use Grip and convert the tracks to
Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) format. You may find MP3 more useful.
It depends on where you want to play your rips.

Grip is not a recommendation. Like all the other GUI CD ripping tools,
it just a pretty front end to the command line utilities. There are lots
of others.

Regards,

Roy Bamford.