[EdLUG] EdLUG April 2020 : online over Jitsi

Thomas Kluyver thomas at kluyver.me.uk
Sat Mar 28 11:12:48 UTC 2020

On Fri, 27 Mar 2020, at 16:51, Andrew Ramage wrote:
> I set up a link on my computer, but received a Browser warning. Apparently Firefox is not supported.

I see the same, and apparently one participant with Firefox can cause issues for everyone in the meeting:

https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/issues/4758

It looks like there's progress, but it's a disappointing sign of Chrome's dominance in the browser space that Firefox support is a lower priority even for open source projects.

Are there any FOSS alternatives worth investigating? Unfortunately, all of the tools I've used in this space are proprietary.

Thomas