[EdLUG] Problem with ssh

Alistair Boak alistairboak at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 17:04:17 UTC 2020

Hi Mark,

> On 24 Jun 2020, at 15:16, Mark Turner <replicant.mark at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>           I seem to recall that these goflex boxes used busybox/uclibc and if you did a reset, maybe you can just access the web interface with default user/pass and enable ssh
> Mark

Thank you, I’ve done a soft and hard reset and have tried router-reset.com <http://router-reset.com/>’s 30,30,30 reset, however, the 'Net' reset to the old IP address, but still no luck as  I had removed the USB disk with Archlinux/arm on it hoping it would go back to Seagates OS what ever it is but it didn’t even start and I couldn’t ping it.  But now with the USB disk back in the light settles and I can ping it but it won’t accept the Archlinux default password for the user account or the root account (neither of which I had changed as I was just playing around with it.) The ‘Net’ is on another router behind my main one and there’s no port forwarding or anything, just in case you thought I was being more of an idiot then I’ve been so far!).

Anyway thanks for the assistance, but, I think I’m going to have to go with the serial cable route, but thats fine I enjoy the tinkering and I’ll let everyone know how it goes.  Now where did I put that solder…!!

Cheers

Alistair