[EdLUG] Help

Jeremy Nicoll jn.ml.elx.813 at letterboxes.org
Thu Jul 9 11:01:10 UTC 2020

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020, at 09:00, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
> Just to note, the photo email has arrived out of order - the mailing
> list doesn't automatically allow messages over 400 KB, so it was held
> until I released it. Maybe that limit should be a bit higher nowadays?

Maybe, but then again I don't think people should be encouraged to send
(blurry) hi-res images to the mail list.  I just took a copy of that 4.4 MB jpg
and resized it to 800x600 dpi, & it became 127 KB... & it was still readable
enough to see the problem.

Can the mail list software simply reject too-large mails, telling the sender
that they are over a limit?

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.