[EdLUG] August - no meetup

Tai Kedzierski dch.tai at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 10:54:10 UTC 2020

Hi all,

TL;DR

* August - no online meetup. Maybe one at Akva. Perhaps. Unsure. No
promises.
* September - talk by Tai on using the terminal - technical, beginners.
* Please offer to give your own talks - it's fun!

+++

Thanks to everyone who came to Thomas's talk, it was a good turnout. Again
apologies for the problems with the server video share....!

++
As I stated, it seems like we will need to do our Augusts as we ususally do
-- that is, there will be no talk in August. If the rules relax in for pubs
in the next couple of weeks, we could conceivably try to get together
*outside* of Akva as a little social on the 4th of August, to be seen.

++
For September I'll give an introductory talk on how to use the terminal for
beginners. This will be an online talk.

I intend to cover directory and file inspection and some command line
basics, checking/fixing file permissions, reading and writing, and running
apt-get when the graphical Software Updates complains, and some rudimentary
scripting.

++
We do not have any other talks planned for the year so far, so I would like
to invite anybody who would be up for it to try their hand. Again, does not
need to be an overly "expert" thing - just showcase something you found
interesting on Linx, BSD, or Open Source in general.

We all have our different areas of interests, so it's pretty safe to assume
that you know something others do not!

Tai

===
Tai Kedzierski
Linux Operations and Deployments Engineer

I use LibreOffice <https://www.libreoffice.org/> , a free,
Freedom-respecting replacement for MS Office

*Open Source Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price.*
https://www.fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software