[EdLUG] Can't Reach Log In Page

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 00:05:04 UTC 2020

Hi Marion,

Looks like the acpi code is failing to execute.  This could be for multiple
reasons.

Try changing the grub line at boot by adding "acpi=off" and maybe "noapic". see
if it boots.  other hardware detections might help too. eg.
noapic,nolapic,noacpi,noapm

details of what they refer to are here. uner HArdware workarounds
http://knoppix.net/wiki3/index.php?title=Cheat_Codes

if it does boot you may need to fix the acpi package.

all the best
Kris

--
http://gplus.to/azmodie
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear