[EdLUG] Fw: Questions for all fellow EdLUG people

Thomas Kluyver thomas at kluyver.me.uk
Sun Feb 9 15:24:12 UTC 2020

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020, at 2:12 PM, Gábor Majoros wrote:
> Can you expand the "technical details" on the printscreen you have attached - what I suspect is that you connect, but the captive portal doesn't kick in and you do not click though? However when you try a website you get re-directed to the captive portal that could throw this error since the URL and the captive portal's SSL (if any) doesn't match.

Good point! If the captive portal ('login to wifi') page doesn't come up automatically, try to go to www.example.com . Many of the obvious sites now require HTTPS (for good reason), so the captive portal can't redirect you. www.example.com is still available over plain HTTP, so it works for this purpose.

Thomas