[EdLUG] Questions for all fellow EdLUG people

Thomas Kluyver thomas at kluyver.me.uk
Sun Feb 9 12:23:57 UTC 2020

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020, at 9:55 PM, emailontheweb wrote:
> Do any of you use a (preferably free) privacy friendly calendar Android app that can be shared between 2 users? Protonmail calendar is still in Beta & I'm managing my schedule as well as someone else's making me forgetful.A shared calendar that one can set multiple notifications of the same thing throughout the day would be extremely helpful! (Tried Habitica but it is way more than a calendar (not very calendar format like) ,so would be too overwhelming )

I tried at one point to use Radicale (https://radicale.org/ ) on the Sandstorm platform. Radicale offers the standard CalDAV API, so I'd imagine there are Android calendar apps which can sync to it. The Sandstorm hosting platform I was using has shut down, but you could self host Radicale if you have a server somewhere.

Fastmail - which I use for email - has a calendar, but I've not got into the habit of using it. It's a minimum of $3/month, though. I'd guess that if privacy is a priority, most options will either involve paying or running something yourself.

> Have any of you had any success connecting to Lothian buses wifi? Firefox keeps saying "Get me out of here"

I've definitely been able to connect to it, but I can't remember if I had to click past any security warnings.

Best wishes,
Thomas