[EdLUG] EdLUG | March 2019 | Venue, date, and mailing list changes

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Sun Feb 17 00:04:40 UTC 2019

Hi everybody,

Thanks to all who came for the last hooray at the Southsider.

Now, it is time to move on to a new chapter.

In this mail:

* New meetup venue, new meetup date pattern.
* March Talk announcement
* Events publication / calendar

+++++++
New venue, new date pattern

As of March 2019, we will be meeting on the first Tuesday of the month, at
the Foxy Fiddler.

192-194 Morrison Street
Edinburgh, EH3 8EB

Venue site: https://foxyfiddler.co.uk/

This is just a 5min walk up from Haymarket station, so hopefully easy for
all to get to!

I have booked us the space at the back (ground floor level/mezzanine) from
7:30 onwards.

Look forward to seeing you there!

++++++++
March Talk

For March 2019 there will be a talk by Ross McKenzie about the photobooth
he built using a laptop, a digital camera, and a bit of DIY - all based on
Linux of course!

Anticipate!

https://opentechcalendar.co.uk/event/8105-edlug-talk-a-diy-photobooth
++++++++++
Events calendar

We've so far had both a calendar in our website, and an entry in Open Tech
Calendar, both of which need to be remembered for new events.

Rather than manage both, I'd like to suggest we simply use Open Tech
Calendar as the site through which we publish our events, and remove the
calendar from our site so that  there's no chance of confusion.

+++++++

Thanks all,

Tai

===
Tai Kedzierski
Linux Operations and Deployments Engineer

RHCSA # 170-060-834
<https://www.redhat.com/rhtapps/services/verify?certId=170-060-834>

I use LibreOffice <https://www.libreoffice.org/> , a free,
Freedom-respecting replacement for MS Office

*Open Source Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price.*
https://www.fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software