[EdLUG] EdLUG Meetup & Future Plans

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Thu Jun 7 12:31:15 UTC 2018

Hi all

As per Shehraz's reminder, tonight's meetup will be focused on future plans
and some admin.

Most notably, we're looking to identify a new space in which the EdLUG can
convene which has a room with a screen we can plug in to, and that is
wheelchair accessible.

If you have any suggestions on this front, it would be most appreciated. If
you cannot make it this evening, please do drop the suggestion in this
mailing list and we'll take note of it.

Some minor topics I would also like to address concern our online
infrastructure, namely

* The website - ownership and maintenance (and potential change in stack)
* The mailing list - it would be time to resolve the ongoing "hidden
addresses" issue
* Advertising the meetup - what platforms should we commit to using / are
sufficient

Finally, suggestions on how to shore up our numbers, and improve attendee
retention. The talks will likely be a key part of this, and if we can't
source speakers from within our group regularly, we will likely come full
circle back to our current position.

As above, if you have any opinions/ideas on any of these topics and cannot
attend, please let me know here, or at < dch.tai / gmail >

Thanks

Tai

===
Tai Kedzierski
Linux Operations and Deployments Engineer

RHCSA # 170-060-834

I use LibreOffice <https://www.libreoffice.org/> , a free,
Freedom-respecting replacement for MS Office

*Open Source Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price.*
https://www.fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software