[EdLUG] OSX sorry to be off topic

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Tue Jan 30 16:15:19 UTC 2018

I've just set my daughters up with a couple of old white macbooks - based
on my brief play with the OS X 10.7 install which came on one of them I
don't think you will get a usable system from 10.6.

The web was not browsable on safari due to https issues. I spent no time
trying to fix the setup (beyond confirming that a modern firefox wouldn't
run) as it was always my intent to stick ubuntu onto them, so perhaps there
is a solution, but I think most likely it won't be much use unless you can
run 10.9 or above.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-osx

Henry