[EdLUG] The Error When Updating

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Fri Dec 7 09:35:38 UTC 2018

Hi Andrew

That doesn't look like it is very forthcoming with information....

You'll have to open a Terminal to have a look

Please try the following ; if it errors out, please copy/paste the last 50
lines or so of output from the commands :

sudo apt-get install -f && sudo apt-get upgrade

"install -f" is shorthand for "fix broken packages", which attempts to
repair previously failed installation and upgrade attempts.

Tai

===
Tai Kedzierski
Linux Operations and Deployments Engineer

RHCSA # 170-060-834
<https://www.redhat.com/rhtapps/services/verify?certId=170-060-834>

I use LibreOffice <https://www.libreoffice.org/> , a free,
Freedom-respecting replacement for MS Office

*Open Source Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price.*
https://www.fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software