[EdLUG] EdLUG Meeting Place

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Tue Oct 31 20:12:59 UTC 2017

Shehraz wrote:
> I am e-mailing with regards to the the EdLUG meeting that will take place this
> Thursday (2^nd November). A few of us talked last month about how we felt that
> The Southsider pub no longer has the facilities to meet our needs. As such, we
> hoped to be able to find a more suitable location.

Context for those who weren't there: they were showing football in the
main body of the pub, and kicked us out of the back room to make room
for the Pub Quiz.  Do we know whether they plan to do this regularly
(even if there's no big match on) or do we have the option of
reinstating our claim on the room?

> One option would be to meet at The Southsider at ~8pm and from there visit
> other locations in the hope of securing a new meeting place.

Being at the Southsider is at any rate step one in finding out if we
need to find somewhere else...
--
Justin B Rye
http://jbr.me.uk/