[EdLUG] Old Sun "Ultra 10" workstation up for grabs

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Wed Jun 7 19:48:36 UTC 2017

A little more info: I did just try connecting the VGA output directly
from the box to the VGA input on an LCD monitor (bypassing my KVM box)
and that showed the Sun BIOS boot stuff apparently trying to netboot.
There seemed to be some message about NVRAM self test failed (error
U13?) and something about IDPROM contents invalid... guessing it may
have succumbed to that common affliction of machines of a certain age:
the onboard battery finally running down (and indeed googling the errors
leads to https://youtu.be/ql9xo_zhNy0 ).  Apparently this leads to the
machine losing its MAC address, which is why my DHCP server wasn't
serving anything up to it.

Anyway, that's the last I'm doing with it.  All unplugged and off to the
dump in a few days if no antiquarians fancy it.

Tim