[EdLUG] System Update

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Sun Jul 23 20:53:26 UTC 2017

Hi,

I think the OP might be getting mixed up between 16.10 (non-LTS, just
went end of life) and 16.04

A quick Google brought me to this page which has the life cycles listed
and mentions a command you can run to determine  your support status.

https://www.ubuntu.com/info/release-end-of-life

Also see:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

Kind regards,