[EdLUG] Hello from a lurker and why is the list configured this way?

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Sun Mar 27 17:42:20 UTC 2016

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 06:17:12PM +0100, Edinburgh Linux Users Group wrote:
>    I believe it dealt with all of them.

Well the current python (HyperArch.py) does seem to scan the body as
well as the headers and just has variations on:

	if mm_cfg.ARCHIVER_OBSCURES_EMAILADDRS:
		text = re.sub('@', atmark, text)

so these cases could be changed reasonably easily to replace the RHS
(domain name) too.

We'd need to take this to the lugmaster list to see if everyone on the
server would be happy with this, or whether we also need to add
something to make it a per-list setting.

An alternative would be to see if there's another archiver available
and already packaged for Debian that does already have this feature
which we could install on the server and use instead for this list.

Alasdair
agk at lug.org.uk