[EdLUG] Hello from a lurker and why is the list configured this way?

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Thu Mar 24 18:27:08 UTC 2016

We did in the past have the archive created by Monharc (sp?) which did an infinitely better job of munging addresses than pipermail, using local_part at xxx.xxx as the address in the mail headers. Sadly the person who configured the set up doesn't have much to do with edlug anymore and the few of us who have put eyes onto the code struggled to make it work. We think it's because Monharc expects the web server software and the mail server software to be on the same machine. If anyone has experience of this or knows of another way of setting it up to work over two separate servers we'd be grateful for the help.

Regards

Jan

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Edinburgh Linux Users Group wrote ----