[EdLUG] Hello from a lurker and why is the list configured this way?

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Thu Mar 24 13:25:07 UTC 2016

Hi,

In my opinion, it would be really nice to see e-mails in the message header, so that one could get in touch directly on certain specific topic if needed. Also, it's easier to identify who is writing the e-mail without scrolling to the bottom first.

At the same time, I totally agree about the spamming issue. Of course we can register an additional mailbox specifically for this list, but it doesn't seem convenient. So, in general I wouldn't prefer to expose my e-mail address in plain text. It's only because of potential spam.

As far as I understand from the pervious e-mails, the only issue is mail archives, published on the web-site, right?

If so, perhaps we can develop a short script which simply cuts all e-mail addresses from the archive at the moment it's converted to HTML and before it's published on the web-site?

Best Regards,
Maxim