[EdLUG] Startup Disk Creator not filing .iso files

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Thu Oct 1 00:08:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

Sorry I hit send too early by accident.

I am trying to create a live CD on a flash drive using Startup Disk Creator
(SDC) in Ubuntu 14.04.  I am running into a known problem that does not
seem to have a solution.  Namely, SDC does not load the selected .iso to
load to the flash drive.  Here is a page where the problem is mentioned,
with no solution:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/459931/startup-disk-creater-not-loading-iso-file-in-14-04

Any ideas?  I have tried all of the solutions mentioned there, including
moving the selected iso to its own dir.  No luck.  SDC still doesn't load
the iso.

I have also tried unetbootin.  Unetbootin is able to see and load the iso,
but then the flash drive fails.  I have tried it on two separate flash
drives and it failed both times.  I did a md5sum check and got this, which
i think is a pass

ragingwaters at H8PL44D1:~$ cd /home/ragingwaters/Distros/
ragingwaters at H8PL44D1:~/Distros$ md5sum sanickiosk-v2.5.iso
2b8ab335f66750ac01f4769e5b3bbb56  sanickiosk-v2.5.iso
ragingwaters at H8PL44D1:~/Distros$

Thanks!

--
Christian Einfeldt