[EdLUG] Public Engagement and Political Lobbying

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Wed Mar 11 14:25:29 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm wondering if there are any (what I'm calling) public engagement events - install days/talks etc - planned at the moment?

Also, is there any kind of lobbying at the local, regional or national (Scottish Parliament) level going on? If so, I'd be interested to know what is going on and how much progress is bring made.

What with the Snowden revelations and austerity etc - and with stories like Munich to turn to - the environment "should ", I would have thought, be ripe for interest at user and political levels?

I look forward to receiving any info folks might have.

Best, Mike