[EdLUG] Chrome

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Wed Mar 11 08:44:50 UTC 2015

On 10.03.2015 22:51, Edinburgh Linux Users Group wrote:

> I am concerned that I have installed the incorrect Ubuntu distro on
> my
> Zareason ultralap 440.  When I went to Ubuntu to download the .iso,
> it gave me this iso to install:
>
> ubuntu-14.04.2-desktop-amd64.iso

AMD were the first to kick out a 64-bit CPU. Thus, for all the
64-bitters, they're down as the AMD bundles. Unless you're working with
something exotic, like the Itanium IA64.

> When I check the system settings, it says that I have an Intel Core
> i5-42008 CPU @ 1.60 GHz x 4.

64-bit CPU, I'm sitting with almost-the-same i5 in my Dell laptop, and
I've an AMD64 image installed.

> My problem is that I am trying to install the Google Chrome browser,
> using this method:
>

> http://askubuntu.com/questions/510056/how-to-install-google-chrome-on-ubuntu-14-04
> [1]

$ sudo apt-get install chromium