[EdLUG] Chrome

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Wed Mar 11 08:43:20 UTC 2015

On 03/10/15 21:51, Edinburgh Linux Users Group wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am concerned that I have installed the incorrect Ubuntu distro on my
> Zareason ultralap 440.  When I went to Ubuntu to download the .iso, it gave me
> this iso to install:
>
> ubuntu-14.04.2-desktop-amd64.iso

> google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb

So far as I know the amd64 arch is used by Intel and that is the correct
choice for Ubuntu on 64bit x86 processors.

For other apps there may be a choice of x86_64

I'm not sure what the difference is.

However what I don't know is whether your i5 is a 32 bit or 64 bit processor.
I'd always assumed the 'cores' were all 64 bit but Wikipedia says not. I'm not
sure how you find out for sure.

Dick