[EdLUG] March Update

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Tue Mar 10 08:35:32 UTC 2015

This is a slightly difficult one because this is a devolved matter and
these are general elections, but: The Scottish Identity Database
https://scotland.openrightsgroup.org/campaigns/stop-scottish-id-database
https://scotland.openrightsgroup.org/policy/2015/02/19/the-scottish-national-id-database-your-questions-answered/
http://scotland.openrightsgroup.org/

I'd generally urge you all to join ORG who do a great job fighting digital
issues. They are about to hire their first member of staff based in
Scotland - great for putting more focus on devolved matters.

This isn't particularly Linux themed (except for most of them being hosted
on Linux) but there are some great election tech projects (Disclaimer, I'm
involved on one, I'm sure you can guess which):
https://democracyclub.org.uk/ https://yournextmp.com/
http://meetyournextmp.com/ http://cv.democracyclub.org.uk/
https://electionleaflets.org/

If you want, I'm happy to come and do a wee talk on Open Data and Open
Source civic tech around the elections. With Poplus, mySociety are trying
to make it easy for democracy websites from one country to move to others
which is interesting to.

James

--
Tech events around town http://opentechcalendar.co.uk/