[EdLUG] Spam site

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Fri Jul 10 19:59:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

It looks like the spam filter at lug.org.uk is not working properly
after their recent upgrade. I have added a spam filter based on the spam
report header which says that the mail's "SPF: sender does not match SPF
record" which is only occurring on these spam emails so it should catch
these and any similar spam messages. I will inform lug.org.uk admins.

As to the email address in the archive (even if lightly mangled) I have
removed the sender but that looks like it applies in both places so we
lose it from the messages as well. I will look into this further.

Please note whilst we test the spam filter all post are moderated. This
is only temporary and we hope this will only be a few days but is mostly
dependent on the number of posts we get.

Regards,

Paul