[EdLUG] Printer Advice (cups print servers)

Tahir Hafiz tahir.hafiz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 15:35:23 UTC 2015

Salaam Subhi,

Just to say that I got this working nicely with the Macs by setting up a
centralised Cups Print Server on a CentOS 7 virtualised system.
Found a Linux ppd here:
http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Ricoh/Ricoh-Aficio_MP_C2051

That colour ppd file works a treat. And the Macs just point to the CentOS 7
cups print server (printers get set-up by running a shell script on the
Macs) and seem to send generic postscript jobs to it but the cups print
server must translate them into colour jobs. It's working well.

Regards,
Tahir