[EdLUG] Comms cabinet Location Question

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Wed Dec 23 22:43:14 UTC 2015

On 23 Dec 2015 9:44 pm, "Edinburgh Linux Users Group" <
edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm considering the location of mounting a small 6U wall comms cabinet
(switch, patch panel, UPS, firewall, couple of dsl modems)

> I have really limited options.... so now the really silly question!
> Although not ideal do you think it is ok / not ok to be in the same
closet (0.7m deep, 1.3m wide, 2.5m high)  as a modern gas combi boiler?

> I'm thinking condensation issues etc...

I don't think that condensation would be an issue, heat might be though.
Can you seal the comms cabinet and run ducting top and bottom to outside
the cupboard to allow for cooling?