[EdLUG] Any news about a meeting?

Thomas Kluyver thomas at kluyver.me.uk
Fri Nov 17 11:36:57 UTC 2023

Hi Kuromaru,

I don't think so, unfortunately. I'm pretty sure it would be mentioned on this list if someone arranged a meeting, as this was always the main way we organised things (though there is a Meetup group too).

I'm no longer in Edinburgh, unfortunately, so I can't arrange it, but anyone who is there and wants a meeting is welcome to make it happen. At its simplest, all you really need to do is pick a bar and tell people when to be there. Talks are nice - and its easier for new people to join a talk than a social - but any meeting beats no meeting. Someone could even try to arrange the traditional EdLUG Christmas meal, if they have time.

Best wishes,
Thomas