[EdLUG] SSH - ssh-copy-id problem | RPi | Ubuntu.

Justin B Rye justin.byam.rye at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 13:03:27 UTC 2021

tengo at tutanota.de wrote:
> @Justin - sorry, butI'm not following your suggestions due to my
> lack of knowledge.Could you simplify it further for me, please? Are
> you saying that by"-o LogLevel=VERBOSE" should see more output in
> stdout when running ssh-copy-id? If so, I don't see anymore than
> before.

It would send extra debug output to stderr, not stdout, and you might
need to step it up to LogLevel=DEBUG or higher (DEBUG2, DEBUG3).

> With regard to copying andediting the script I'm not following
> that part, sorry.

You're running a bash script - an executable text file.  Instead of
just running "ssh-copy-id" (i.e. /usr/bin/ssh-copy-id), you could copy
that file to somewhere else, edit that version, and invoke the amended
version.  Come to that, to make bash provide its own commentary on
what it's doing (so you can see exactly what it's trying to do when it
hangs), you don't need to edit it when you can invoke it as

	bash -x /usr/bin/ssh-copy-id

--
Justin B Rye
http://jbr.me.uk/