[EdLUG] D-Bus Talk Slides

Thomas Kluyver thomas at kluyver.me.uk
Thu Jun 3 12:22:51 UTC 2021

The website is hosted from a git repository (https://gitlab.com/edlug/edlug.gitlab.io/ ), and git is not a great way to store bigger files. My slides are probably small enough to be OK, but if other people put more pictures in, it wouldn't take many files of 20 MB or so to make the repository awkwardly big.

We could have a separate repository just for talks materials, so this wouldn't affect the website repo. Or we could host slides etc. some other way and link them from the website.

Thomas

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021, at 10:41, Andrew Ramage wrote:
> Why not put them up at www.edlug.org ?

> On 03/06/2021 10:22, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
>> Hi Nicola,

Yes, of course. And you're certainly not doing anything wrong!

I hope *I'm* not doing anything wrong by sharing the slides on the mailing list - I might have to use my admin access to allow a message > 400 KB. But that seems like a very small limit by modern standards. I don't think we've so far collected slides or talk materials anywhere other than the mailing list, but maybe we should start - either putting up with binary blobs in git, or finding some other way to manage an archive of them.

Best wishes,
Thomas

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021, at 10:02, Nicola Fiori wrote:

>>> Hi there,

This is the first time I'm replying to a mailing list so please let me
know if I'm doing something wrong here. :)

Thomas, could you please share a copy of the slides of your D-Bus talk?

Cheers,

Nicola Fiori (JD342)