[EdLUG] D-Bus Talk Slides

Thomas Kluyver thomas at kluyver.me.uk
Thu Jun 3 09:36:11 UTC 2021

Oh, and for good measure, here are the two snippets of Python code I used in my demo. The part I typed out manually to bring them together was:

b = msg.serialise(2)
sock.sendall(b)

This also used part of Jeepney (https://pypi.org/project/jeepney/ ), a Python library I wrote for sending and receiving D-Bus messages. There are more mature Python packages to do this, most of which wrap the libdbus C API - I did it a different way to learn the protocol in more detail.

Best wishes,
Thomas