[EdLUG] Network problem

Dick Middleton dick at lingbrae.com
Sat Feb 13 17:23:30 UTC 2021

On 2/13/21 3:27 PM, Malcolm Durie wrote:
> Dick,
>
> I do not know who your provider is but i have had similar problem with my virgin cable service. I found that at times the default dns servers were not working to certain requests. I changed my devices to use cloudfare instead and that resolved my issues.

I don't think it's DNS.  What I do think is that this is related to HTTP/2.

Lurking in the error response provoked with curl is the following:

* Mark bundle as not supporting multiuse

which is associated with HTTP/2

Interestingly if I add --http2 to the curl command it downloads successfully.

So, now what do I do?  Is this an ISP issue?  Why do I suddenly get this problem at
midnight on Thursday?

Why am I receiving http2 anyway since I'm requesting HTTP/1.1?  Should I ever receive it?

So many questions, so little understanding :-)

Dick