[EdLUG] Learning python

Matthew Rankine matthew at mrankine.com
Sun Apr 11 16:52:33 UTC 2021

*Why  does  .reverse(0 not work as a list method on line 5*
Your code assumes the list.reverse() method returns a reversed list, but in
fact the method reverses the list variable in-place and does not return
anything. So, to print a reversed list, instead do:

list1.reverse()
print(list1)

*and then [not work] as a stand alone function on  line 7 ?*There is no
built-in Python function called reverse(). There is the list.reverse()
method set out above, and there is the reversed() builtin function,
which returns a reversed iterator. You could use reversed() like so:

print(list(reversed(list1)))

More info: https://dbader.org/blog/python-reverse-list

Have fun with Python!