[EdLUG] Duplicate folders in kmail

Alistair alistair at archerry.plus.com
Fri Apr 9 15:49:01 UTC 2021

Having re-installed kubuntu 20.04, installed my list of packages, and restored the
backed-up files, I restored kontact email etc data using the 'PIM data exporter'
and I now have duplicate folders in kmail. Received email arrives in two inboxes
and sent mail is stored in two sent-mail folders.
(Attached is screeshot of part of the kmail folders panel.)
How do I safely delete one set of these? - and how do I confirm which set to
delete?

One of the updates to kontact appears to be a counter in the tab on the desktop
panel. Sometimes this relates to the number of unread mails in the inbox, but at
others it is an apparently randomly incrementing number.
Does anyone know what this number really represents, and how do I configure it?

Regards,
Alistair