[EdLUG] Linux Compatible Printer & Screenshare App

Magnus Hagdorn magnus.hagdorn at marsupium.org
Mon Nov 9 21:38:12 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-11-09 at 20:57 +0000, Magnus Hagdorn wrote:
> On Mon, 2020-11-09 at 20:52 +0000, Tai Kedzierski wrote:
> > I'm somewhat interested in the answers to this thread actually...
> >
> > ---> Mentioning specific models and degrees of success is
> > worthwhile.
>
> so, I decided to go for a HP Color LaserJet Pro M454dw and as I said
> it
> was almost disappointing - I plugged it into the network and all my
> linux computers found it without me doing anything at all. The other
> huge bonus is that my android devices automatically found it and I
> can
> simply print from my phone/tabled using the share option. It works a
> treat. The only issue is to rain in the family to not print so much
> colour when black and white will do.
>
> magnus

I should really make a habit of proof reading my messages. Where is the
autocarrot that turns my phonetic spelling into what I mean and fills
in the gaps - no rain inside but reining in the family. I clearly
imbibed too much wine and got so tabled that I lost my tablet. With all
the excitement I forgot to mention the bonus of being able to print
from a mobile device.

Anyway, I hope you got the gist.

magi